Access – Innovation
Our Professional Nurse Practitioner Program (NP2U) adds the time-honored skills of Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners to the CareConnect Network to enhance patient care and support across our continuum.
Bringing primary care to residents and patients promotes early identification and intervention of health concerns. Through increased provider access the team strives to:
• Lower overall health care costs and avoid expensive hospitalizations
• Improve patient health and outcomes
• Improve patient and family experience with care coordination
Nurse practitioners are registered nurses (RN) with advanced education and training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions, including chronic illnesses. They provide some of the same services as physicians, maintain a close working relationship with physicians, and can serve as a patient’s primary health care provider.
The big picture focus is on prevention, wellness and education. The everyday details include communication and collaboration with patients so they are actively involved in their health care decisions.
NP Role Snap Shot
Here are just a few of the important responsibilities:
• Collaborating with physicians and other health care providers
• Counseling and educating patients on healthy behaviors, self-care skills and treatment options
• Diagnosing and treating acute illnesses, infections and injuries
• Diagnosing, treating and monitoring chronic diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure
• Obtaining medical histories and conducting physical examinations
• Ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic studies like lab test, x-rays and EKGs
• Prescribing medications
• Prescribing physical and other rehabilitation therapies
• Providing screening and immunizations
Why the NP2U Program Matters
Access, availability and a personal relationship with a nurse practitioner give patients freedom to take charge of all aspects of their personal health from getting a timely answer to a question about a new ache or pain or charting a new course for a healthy lifestyle to referrals to health care specialists and everything in between.
Address: 25117 SW Parkway, Suite B - Wilsonville, OR 97070